Thursday, October 10, 2013

Apple Orchard {Photos, photos, & more photos!}

Since I work such long hours Monday through Friday and we don't get home for the night until at least 7p, I've been trying to make Fridays a day for me and the kids.  We get out and do something fun.  Something for them.  Sometimes it's just the play place at the mall or a walk to the park for a while, but in an effort not to waste any of our last days of summer, last friday we visited an Apple Orchard with our friends.  {We are stealing as many Fridays as we can before Jess goes back to work from maternity leave--I'm still praying every night she'll tell her boss she can only work Monday through Thursdays from now on!}  


We picked apples, shopped for caramel apples, ate apple donuts and {thought about!} sipping warm apple cider {unfortunately it ended up being 90* and full sun, so we had ice water--the kids and wine--us}.  *Please note I did not make my child wear a sweater the whole day--only for photos--because you know, I couldn't possibly take photos of her at an Apple Orchard in the Fall while wearing the swimsuit she wanted to wear! :)  Can we also talk about the crazy sizing at the Gap?  The sweater my daughter is wearing--it's a 6-12 MONTH sweater.  She is 23 months…and average sized…what the heck?!







You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...